MATI’s 14th Annual Conference
MATI 14 will take place on September 23, 2017 at the Monona Terrace in Madison, Wisconsin, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. The keynote speaker, Sabrina Madison, will talk about how to “Expand Your Reach with Social Media.”
This is the first year we'll have two concurrent sets of workshops: one set of workshops focused on interpreting and another focused on translating!
Presenters are as follows*:
- Interpreting Sessions
- Suzanne Couture: "Professional Development for Remote Interpreters”
- Ana Soler: "Interpreting in Educational Settings: A Growing Profession"
- Gloria Rivera: "Note-taking Strategies"
- Translation Sessions
- Olga Shostachuk: "Is an Emoji Worth 1,000 Words?"
- Michelle Kang: "Metaphors as Reflected in Our Action, Thought, and Language"
- Christina Green "Cultural Awareness and Sensitivity in Translation - Language Services for Community Agencies"
New this year, we’ll have a photographer at the conference capturing all the exciting moments of the day.
*Program subject to change
Thanks to our event sponsors